Excited to be manning the Stash booth tonight! #calgaryexpo2017 💜 we 4610 in Big Four Building
If you are at Expo this year come stop by for yarny goodies and to share fun character sightings with us! 🤓👽👾🤖🦄🎬🎮
Reposted: Congrats to @seaturtlefibrearts 💜
Can't wait to knit some socks outta you when I get better at it!
The mini practice socks begin!! I love the two at a time idea but I think I want to learn toe up...STAT!
How did YOU learn? Any recommendations?
I think I was drunk with my new-found determination to master sock knitting this year...
(Click for tags)
I wanted to buy something from EVERYBODY at Fibre Shindig yesterday! (And shocked I didn't)
So nice to meet new peeps, see old peeps and just generally sock in the Fibre goodness!
Sidebar: does anyone else's dog do this?? When she really wants through a door Duckie will often just stand there with her nose to it - just to let you EXTRA know that she wants THROUGH this door!! #makeyousmile #dogsareweird #dogsaremytherapy #labradoodlesofinstagram #labradoodlelove #dogsofinstgram
A little sneak peek for @ninja.chickens of the #fibreshare goodies headed her way! Not finalized yet...so many choices...ack!
Me and my favourite beeswax candles! (Brought home from road trip to Arizona last year!) congrats to @knitpurldog and her upcoming 500 subscribers! 💜 #skeingamehoney #skeingamepodcast
I finally got around to completing my fringed shawl with #marygavanyarns silk! You'd think with all my hoarded jewellery making materials I would have beads the correct size but NO 😂 this shawl may or may never get beads LoL. Either way it's perfect for the hot weather I'm expecting...ANY month now!! ☀️🌈
My giant #marledmagicmkal shawl is almost complete! Needs a braid and some tassels but I'm happy to say it is off my needles 💜quite a ride it was! Thank you #westknits - you rock! 🌈🦄😘
So cool to learn a bit about @fox_in_the_hole_design 💜 thanks for tagging me and sounds like we had a few things in common girl!
1. I have two sisters. One I grew up with and one I've only gotten to know as an adult since she was adopted before I was born.
2. I have a 15 yr old step daughter and yes, I am old enough to have birthed her lol.
3. My dog is my most cherished companion these days while working from home. I get annoyed that family members don't also know how to read her mind 😉
4. I dream of one day living in BC. Yo-yo between next to lake or on coast...maybe both?
5. For many years I was scared off painting. Then I took a class by @vazquezmackay and everything changed.
6. I thought I didn't like abstract until I saw @belindafireman paint 💜
7. Knitting has become my soother! Good to keep hands busy in social situations!
8. I love teaching somebody something they want to learn!
9. Freezing cold lakes don't bother me much - I will swim in anything. (At least for 3 seconds)
10. Camping is my happy place.
11. I was living in London during 9-11. Scariest airplane travel done just a few days later - everyone was in high alert mode...felt like alternate world I don't want any part of.
12. I am by nature an optimistic person. Some call it a '🌈 and 🦄' outlook but I wouldn't have it any other way.
13. For some reason I keep thinking I have more tattoos but I guess many are imaginary.
14. I love animals but am allergic to nearly all of them 😔 ruined my childhood plans of becoming an artist veterinarian.
15. Getting laid off was the universes gift to me. I finally feel like I might be on the right track! 😊
16. As a child, teen, adult...I was shy as can be! Now, Most of the time I am making up for my inner shy girl by talking too much.
17. I am a chronic over-explainer! Currently in re-hab trying to kick the compulsion.
18. No subject is taboo with me. You likely won't shock me!
19. I have a problem with authority. I subtly resist whenever I can.
20. April is a cleansing month for me. Mind, body and environment. Feel the need to clear a path for the rest of 2017!
If tagged feel free to share only ONE fact! Can't wait to get to know u better!
Never ending nail infection for my Duck ☹️ 5 MORE days of bandages... will she forget how to run around by the end of this!?
#puppywoes #dogsofinstgram #sadday
I'm always in awe of the patience involved in paintings like these...all those little marks! Another one from Seattle Art Museum but I forget who painted it! Anyone out there recognize? 🎨 #mysteryart #seattleartmuseum #impressionists
Just wanted to share some of the awesome flash I've recently acquired...cause I'm SURE you want to see it! 😄💜 #uglybabyandlaru #flashesofdelight #asildastore #chikando
And in case you're also wondering - YES I am now proud owner of Roller Skate Unicorn tank top 😜🌈
A quick selection of fun trip stuff!! Was only able to make it to one yarn shop in Vancouver and one in Seattle but scored some cool Danish cotton blend yarn, a skein of Manos Alegria in 'Carnival' colourway, two teeny Unicorn Tails of 'Edison Bulb' as well as a fun array of little projec-ty bags, seahorse scissors by Bryspun, tons of notebooks, new origami paper and all the lovely memories of art,friends, blown glass and family! 💜 thanks to T&C in Van who put us up despite teenager and dog and of course M&S in Seattle for sharing their lives with us for a week! Xo's all around 😘
Was excited to see a few famous pieces while in Seattle including this Monet! So subtle yet comes together so beautifully. #artlove #seeingnature #seattleartmuseum
Trying to burn through section eight of the #marledmagicmkal so I can start wearing this puppy before it's too damn hot!! Enjoying newest Episode of #skeingamepodcast while I work 💜
Sister bonding over knitting and Gintonics 💜☺️ throw in a little organic dark chocolate and you've got magic! #sisterbonding
I'm not always a huge fan of Impressionism but I really dug this one...something about the reflection. #seeingnature #seattleartmuseum
Ok here's one more for today! Then we talk art and yarn 😉 Chihuly from his Macchia series. Love where he got the inspiration to do these...
More Chihuly beauty! #chihulygardenandglass #chihuly #blownglass #glassblowing